Entity Ownership in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 related Interview questions and answers by Dynamix Academy
In this Dynamics CRM 365 Interview Questions and answers article you will find video about Entity Ownership in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
If you’re looking for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers, you are at right place. In this article we will see following Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 interview questions and its answers.
- Explain What is Entity Ownership?
- How many different types of Entity ownership are available in Dynamics 365?
- Where do you define/Specify the Entity Ownership?
- What is difference between user/team owned entities and organization owned entities?
- In Dynamics 365, most of the entities (including custom entities) are owned by the organization, by a user, or a team.
- There are some business entities that do not have an owner, where the ownership is defined by its parent entity (ex. discount).
- The type of ownership determines some of the operations that can be performed on a record.
- Ownership for an entity is defined in the metadata property OwnershipType.
Entity ownership Types
|Organization Owned||Contains data involving something that belongs to or that can be viewed by the whole organization. Organization-owned entities cannot be assigned or shared. For example, products are owned by the organization. These entities have an attribute named organizationid.|
|Business Owned||Entities that belong to a business unit. These entities have an attribute named owningbusinessunit.|
|User or Team Owned||Assigned to a user or to a team. These entities contain data that relates to customers, such as accounts or contacts. Security can be defined according to the business unit for the user or team. These entities have attributes named owningteam and owninguser.|
|None||These entities are not owned by another entity.|
|Organization Owned||User/Team Owned|
|Contains data involving something that belongs to or that can be viewed by the whole organization.||Data involved can be accessed or viewed as per the security access of user or team owning that record.|
|Organization-owned entities cannot be assigned or shared.||Can be Assigned to a user or to a team.|
|These entities have an attribute named organizationid.||These entities have attributes named owningteam and owninguser.|
|User can have either Full or None access on Organization Owned Entity records.||User can have None, User Level, Business Unit level, Parent child business unit level or Organization level access on such entity records.|
Follow Dynamix Academy on different Social Media platform :
Also read previous posts of Dynamix Academy about Microsoft Dynamics 365 below:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 SDK Installation : http://www.dynamixacademy.com/microsoft-dynamics-365-sdk-installation/
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Introduction: http://www.dynamixacademy.com/dynamics-365-introduction/
- Dynamics 365 30-day trial instance: http://www.dynamixacademy.com/microsoft-dynamics-365-trial-instance/